Freight & Marine Cargo
Insurance for Freight and Marine Cargo Risks
We are market leaders with our own unique wording offering competitive Freight Services Liability insurance for Freight Forwarders, Road Hauliers, Warehouse keepers and all Logistics Operators involved in the movement and handling of third party goods.
We have over 40 years specialist experience in the marine insurance market and our professional market-leading position means we can negotiate the very best cover at the most competitive premium but we will never compromise on our high standards of customer service.
We offer our own policy wordings with many extensions included as standard, underwritten by both Lloyd’s and leading insurance companies.
- We work closely with our clients, we build relationships to help protect their business.
- Associate members of BIFA, providing members with a policy exceeding BIFA requirements.
- Affiliate members of IIFA. Special rates are available using an exceptionally wide policy wording providing insurance with unrivalled cover in the Irish market in Ireland
- Single Transit Cover is available, premiums starting at £250.
Freight Forwarders Liability
Freight Liability insurance provides legal liability protection for the loss and damage of goods in accordance with standard trading conditions, international conventions, statutes and liability at common law
Whether you handle specialist cargo or operate solely by Sea, Air, Rail or Road, we can assist on all elements of contracts, conditions and conventions.
Benefits of our policy include:
- Our own comprehensive policy wording exceeding BIFAs membership requirements.
- Very competitive premium but we will not compromise on our high service standards.
- GBP2,000,000 policy limit for transit claims.
- GBP500,000 for Errors and Omissions claims.
- Liability under BIFA or other approved contracts.
- Common Law liability should your trading conditions be legally set aside.
- Independent claims handling including recovery action against any responsible party.
- Worldwide cover.
- Cover for storage and warehousing risks.
- Cover for carriage by own vehicles including CMR liability.
- Cover for FIATA or NVOC bills.
- Excess from GBP250 including E&O claims.
- No standard list of excluded cargoes.
- No complex proposal forms to complete.
- Training and insurance contract advice.
- Option to include operational third party liability.
BGi.uk can cover all elements of Marine Cargo Insurance.
Our dedicated team works closely with clients including importers, exporters, shippers, receivers, sellers and buyers to clearly understand their needs and match their risks to the right protection.
Annual or Single transit policies are available.
- All Risks cover for physical loss and damage to goods for items in transit by sea, air, rail or road
- Cover provided on a full warehouse to warehouse basis including loading and unloading risks
- Cover can be extended to include UK domestic transits, exhibitions, warehousing, inter-company transits and returned goods
- Policies are tailored in accordance with Terms of Sale or Purchase (Incoterms)
- Contingent liability available for buyers and sellers interests
- Includes General Average
- Unique policy wording developed to provide additional covers
Warehouse keepers have the obligations of a bailee (see bailment) and are therefore under a duty to take reasonable care of the goods left for storage, and to return them in accordance with the terms of the contract of bailment.
We can offer protection for the loss and damage to goods stored by you under standard trading conditions.
Cover can be provided for supply chain management and pick and pack operations. It can be extended to include cover for contracts which require increased or enhanced levels of liability