Insurance is only available to members of Foyht, to apply, please click the ‘Get a quote button’ below.
Insurance Key Facts
Your insurance includes:
- Public Liability (Indemnity Limit £5,000,000 per insured person or business: £10,000,000 available on request)
- Malpractice Cover & Professional Indemnity (Indemnity Limit £5,000,000: £10,000,000 available on request)
- Products Liability (for items sold in connection with your insured business)
- Working from home, at a client’s home, or at any owned, rented or hired premises anywhere in the world excluding the USA/Canada
- Damage to rented/hired third party premises
- Accidental loss or damage to your business stock and equipment
- Overall Limit £5,000: Single item limit £1,000: excluding mobile phones
- Libel & Slander
- Breach of confidentiality, negligence or breach of duty of care
- Website and e-mail infringement arising from the promotion, marketing and advertising of your insured business
- Additional Legal Expenses (Currently only available in the UK & Ireland)
- Geographical coverage: World Wide (Great if you work ‘on-line’ from the EEA or the UK but do not have assets or interests overseas)
- Jurisdiction: World Wide excluding the USA & Canada (Cover may be available on request)
- Indemnity to principals
- Member to member liability included
- Retro-active date 2006 or since the date you have held Medical Malpractice/Liability insurance without break or interruption
- 12 months run off cover to allow for periods when you might not be working
- On-line teaching and pre-recorded teaching is included. However, you should also consider additional media insurance, which is beyond the scope of this insurance
- Loss of Reputation extension
- Emergency First Aid and Good Samaritan Acts included
- All premiums to be paid by PayPal, credit/debit card or Bacs/Bank Transfer
a. In GB pounds for UK policies
b. In Euros for EU policies
- The Insurance is provided on a 12 month basis. No premium returns are made unless canceled within the 14 day cooling off period
- Employer’s Liability cover is not included but can be added
- An excess of £250.00 applies to the business stock & equipment extension
Available levels of indemnity
We believe that teachers and students alike should be adequately protected so we provide all of our policy holders with an indemnity of £5,000,000 which is the amount required by most Councils, the NHS and other similar authorities and institutions. A higher limit of £10,000,000 is available at an additional cost upon request.
The Foyht policy wording is exceptionally wide and will be adequate for most individuals and micro enterprises. If your business has developed beyond “you” it may be beneficial to consider your requirements on a Business Combined basis to include other Commercial Insurance Risks.
Please call for information and advice: Tel: 01367 246130 e: info@BGi.uk.com
Unlike most policies, your Foyht policy is operative World Wide other than the USA/Canada so feel free to practice your therapy(s) around the world in the knowledge that you are fully insured.
Currently, the policy is only available to those resident or working full time in:
a. The UK b. The EEA c. South Africa
For a full list of therapies we insure, please see BGi.uk.com/health-and-wellbeing/activities-therapies-disciplines
If you practice or teach something not on this page – please let us know and we will add it – if we possibly can.