What might you or your business have to lose following an adverse cyber (computer/network) event?
a. Data The personal or valuable data belonging to staff, customers and suppliers
b. Intellectual Property You might have:
- some extremely valuable ‘IP’ that you or your business could not afford to lose.
- used someone else’s ‘IP’ quite innocently and face a legal action from the owner
c. The ability to trade You may consider your business robust but what if your systems were down for a few days or a week or your back-up systems were corrupted
d. How would you pay for
- the fines and penalties (GDPR)
- the cost of communicating with your customers
- the cost of legal fees and legal advice
- Third Party losses