At Sensory Solutions, we connect people with their local plants and promote knowledge about herbal medicine through the teaching of Sensory Herbalism. Sensory Herbalism is a holistic and gentle approach to healthcare that can create lasting and powerful changes in the health of those that use it. We train Sensory Herbalists to know their herbs, use diagnostic tools and dispense remedies that have been created in a considered and ecologically sound way.
Our practitioners, on completion of all necessary components of the Sensory Herbalism training, can practice with the tools and knowledge taught throughout their training. They can run herb walks.
Sensory Herb Practitioner training comprises of:
- 100 hours contact time
- 100 hours supported home study
- Understanding of preparations, preventative health care and symptomatic alleviation with herbs
- Basic case history taking
Year 2 and 3
- 200 hours contact time
- 300 hours of supported home study
- 6 case histories, followed up 3 times each (total 18 appointments)
- Additional study days and sessions
- Understanding of root cause of disease, herb combining, case history taking, treatment plan development and benefits assessment.